Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 4 Math Challenge Division Finals questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
1.) Find the number of the digit 1 in the numbers 1, 2, 3, . . . , 100.
2.) Admission tickets to a variety show costs Php 80 for adults and Php 50 for kids. The ratio of kids to adults is 5:2. If they paid Php 10,000, find the number of adults in the group.
3.) How large is a base angle of an isosceles triangle if its vertex angle is 52○?
4.) The volume of a cube is 216 cm3. What is the total area of the faces of the cube?
5.) What is the largest 4-digit number that is a common multiple of 3 and 4? Continue reading
Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 3 Math Challenge Division Finals questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
1.) What is the smallest whole number that can be rounded to 800?
2.) Three hundred forty is 78 more than what number?
3.) What number gives 1780 when added to 980?
4.) What is the sum of 5 hundreds and 20 tens?
5.) What is the largest whole number n such that when 3 × n is rounded to the nearest tens, will equal to
6.) What must be added to 4/5 to get a sum of 2? Continue reading
Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 2 Math Challenge Division Finals questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
PART I: Answers
- In a line to buy movie tickets, Greg is fourteenth from the front. In the same line, his friend Jose is twenty-third from the front. How many people are between them?
- In a barn, there are 2 horses, 1 cow, and 3 pigs. Later, 5 horses, 3 cows, and 4 pigs joined them. How many animals are in the barn now?
- The sum of Juan and Paulo’s ages is equal to 15. What will be the sum of their ages in 6 years?
- Diana is 16 1/2 years old. Her cousin Samantha is seven years younger. How old is Samantha?
- How many thirds are there in seven and two-thirds?
- Rico has Php300 in bills. He requested to change one-half of his money into five-peso coins. How many five-peso coins should he get?
- A movie started at 4:30 pm and ended at 6:20 pm. How many minutes long was the movie?
- If oranges are sold for Php13 each, how many can you buy if you have one hundred fifty pesos?
- A school field is 58 m long and 42 m wide. If you walk around it once, how many meters would be?
- A line and a circle are drawn on a piece of paper so that the line passes through the center of the circle. How many times does the line cross the circle?
- There were some children riding in the bus. At the next bus stop, 7 more children got in. Then, there were 25 children altogether in the bus. How many children were there at first?
Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 1 Math Challenge questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
Part I: Questions
- In a street with house numbers 1, 2, 3, until 100, Mark delivered flyers to all houses numbered from 25 to 57. How many houses got the flyers?
- Twelve friends came to Juan’s birthday party. Seven of them were girls. How many boys went to Juan’s birthday party?
- In the number pattern 41, 37, 33, 29,___, what number should be on the blank?
- Carlos has thirteen10-peso coins. How much money does Carlos have?
- Dino bought packs of noodles worth Php54.How much change will he get from Php100?
- A red ribbon is 35 centimeters long. A yellow ribbon is 15 centimeters long. What is the total length of the ribbons?
- Nena cuts a pizza into 3 equal parts. Then she cut each part into halves. What part of the whole pizza is one piece?
- It takes half an hour for Joan to walk half of the way from school to home. If Joan maintains the same speed, how long does it take her to walk to school from home?
- Some monkeys were climbing a rope one by one. The biggest monkey was in the middle and is the eighth from the last. How many monkeys were on the rope?
- Sonny needs 45 minutes to finish his project. If he starts at 4:30 pm what time will he end?
- Janice puts only ₧10-coins in her piggy bank. When she opened her piggy bank, she counted 86 coins altogether. How much money does she have?
This is the 2016 MTAP Grade 6 Math Challenge questions. Solutions and answer will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages. The pdf file can be downloaded here.
1.) Write 3 780 as a product of its prime factors using exponents.
2.) What is the GCF of 36, 108 and 126?
3.) The LCM of n and 20 is 60 and the GCF is 5. What is n?
4.) What digits can you place in the blank in 2 67_ to make it divisible by 6?
5.) What is the highest exponent in the prime factorization of 1 008?
6.) What is the largest prime number in the prime factorization of 1 071? Continue reading