2004 Grade 2 MTAP Sectoral Finals
2004 Metrobank-MTAP-NCR Math Challenge
Sectoral Finals – Grade 2
A. 15-second questions – 2 points each
1) There are 48 pupils in a class. If 1/6 are absent, how many are present?
2) What is the remainder when 97 is divided by 4?
3) How many prime numbers are there between 10 and 20?
4) Jasmin and Jack bought two pairs of shoes. Each pair cost P425, how much in all did they pay?
5) Eight boys have P4.50 each. How much money do they have in all?
6) How many hours are there in 2 ½ days?
7) Our class library has 5 kinds of books. There are 98 books of each kind. How many books do we have?
8) A kilo of mangoes costs P75. How many whole numbers of kilos can I buy for P500?
9) During a school program, 128 seats are occupied but 15 pupils are standing. How many are attending the program?
10) If the 3 in 4358 is change to 7, by how many is the new number increased?
11) What is 9 more than the difference of 51 and 33?
B. 30-second questions – 3 points each
1) One morning, a vendor sold 3 ½ dozen mangoes and 4 dozen chicos. How many fruits did the vendor sell?
2) Nina has 78 U.S. stamps. She has 2/3 as many Japanese stamps. How many foreign stamps has she?
3) Nellie has 25 P5-coins and Liza has 9 P10-coins. How much more money does Nellie have than Liza?
4) Randy went to a ballgame at 12:30 p.m. and arrived home at 8:15. How long was he out?
Answer: 7 hours, 45 minutes
5) The smallest divisor (other than 1) of 18 and 30 is 2. What is the biggest divisor or 18 and 30?
6) Kris had read 3/7 of her book that has 182 pages. How many more pages has she to read?
C. 1-minute questions – 5 points each
1) Mrs. Santos paid her water bill with 9 P20-bills, 6 P5-coins and 5 25¢-coins. How much was his water bill?
Answer: P 211.25
2) A gardener harvested 264 carrots. He bundled them in three’s and sold all. He sold each bundle for P15. How many in all did he get?
Answer: P 1, 320.00
3) A sandwich costs P14 and a coke costs P8.50. If I have a P100-bill how many of my friends and myself can have a sandwich and coke?
4) A playground is 75 m by 65 m. If I jog around it 9 times, how many meters will that be?
Answer: 2,520 m
5) Miguel had a P500-bill. He changed half of it into 10-peso coins and the rest in 5-peso coins. How many coins he get?
6) Cynthia saves P10.50 a week. How many weeks does she need to save to buy herself a blouse worth P165?
Answer: 16 weeks
1) One third of 90 is how much more than ¼ of 80?
2) What is tenth number in the pattern 47, 42, 37, 32, …?
3) A janitor is arranging 152 chairs, 12 chairs to a row. The last row is not full. How many more chairs are needed to fill up the last row?
1) Five oranges and one apple cost P66. One orange and 5 apples cost P54. How much do 5 oranges and 5 apples cost?
2) Mother saved P3570 from January to July. How much did she save each month?