PART I: Answers
- In a line to buy movie tickets, Greg is fourteenth from the front. In the same line, his friend Jose is twenty-third from the front. How many people are between them?
- In a barn, there are 2 horses, 1 cow, and 3 pigs. Later, 5 horses, 3 cows, and 4 pigs joined them. How many animals are in the barn now?
- The sum of Juan and Paulo’s ages is equal to 15. What will be the sum of their ages in 6 years?
- Diana is 16 1/2 years old. Her cousin Samantha is seven years younger. How old is Samantha?
- How many thirds are there in seven and two-thirds?
- Rico has Php300 in bills. He requested to change one-half of his money into five-peso coins. How many five-peso coins should he get?
- A movie started at 4:30 pm and ended at 6:20 pm. How many minutes long was the movie?
- If oranges are sold for Php13 each, how many can you buy if you have one hundred fifty pesos?
- A school field is 58 m long and 42 m wide. If you walk around it once, how many meters would be?
- A line and a circle are drawn on a piece of paper so that the line passes through the center of the circle. How many times does the line cross the circle?
- There were some children riding in the bus. At the next bus stop, 7 more children got in. Then, there were 25 children altogether in the bus. How many children were there at first?
- There are 48 passengers in a bus. If 5/6 of the passengers are seated, how many are not seated?
- Altogether, my dogs have 18 more legs than noses. How many dogs do I have?
- Lambert has 4 pieces of wood with a total length of 35 decimeters. Three of the pieces are of the same length and one piece is 8 decimeters long. How long is each of the other pieces?
- Patty has Php225. Each of her four sisters has Php100. How much does Patty have to give to each of the sisters, so that she and her sisters will have the same amount of money?
- The jogging lane of a park is a square with side length 25 meters. How many complete rounds must a jogger go around the jogging lane to make sure that he has run 2 kilometers?
- A basket contains 9 mangoes, 15 bananas and no other fruit. If 3 more bananas are added to the basket what fraction of the fruit in the basket will be bananas?
- The sum of the digits of the year 2018 is equal to 2+0+1+8 = 11. What is the nearest year, after 2018, when the sum of the digits of the year will be equal to 11 again?
- Rona gave 3 mangoes to each of her friends. In all, she gave two dozen mangoes. How many friends received mangoes from Rona?
- There are 30 pieces of chips on the table. One-fifth of the chips are red. One-sixth of the chips are green and the rest are yellow. How many chips are yellow?
- After reaching home from school, Andres played for 10 minutes. Then, he watched television for 25 minutes before taking his dinner. It took him 15 minutes to finish dinner. When he looked at the clock, it says 6:35 pm. At what time did Andres reach home?
- How much more is the sum of 46 and 24 more than their difference
- The perimeter of a rectangular garden is 54 m. If the length is 3 m longer than the width, what is the width of the garden, in meters?
- Ben spent Php215 for his school supplies while his sister spent Php350. How much more did his sister spend than him?
- Father has Php180 to be shared among his 4 children. How much will each kid get?
- A large kettle can hold up to 6 liters of water. The water in the kettle can fill three jugs. Nine jugs of water can fill two pails of water. How many liters of water can be placed in one pail?
Do or Die
Iris had a sum of money. She spent 1/5 of it in September, 1/4 of it in October and Php120 in November. After spending these amounts of money, she still had Php540 left. How much money did she have at first?
- 9 1/2 years old
- 9 dm
Do or Die