Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 7 Math Challenge Division Finals questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
1.) If 1 megabyte is equal to bytes and 1 gigabyte is equal to bytes, how many gigabytes are there in 1 megabyte?
2.) Divide by and write the quotient in scientific notation.
3.) Point Q lies midway between points P and R on a number line. What is the coordinate of R if P and Q have coordinates -16 and -7, respectively.
4.) How many sides does a regular polygon have if the measure of each interior angle is ?
5.) Assume A and B are subsets of the set of integers. If A is the set of multiples of 2, and B is the set of multiples of 3, describe the elements of A ∩ B.
Below are the 2019 MTAP Grade 2 Math Challenge Division Finals questions and answers. Solutions will be posted later. More reviewers can be found on the Past Tests and All Posts pages.
PART I: Answers
- In a line to buy movie tickets, Greg is fourteenth from the front. In the same line, his friend Jose is twenty-third from the front. How many people are between them?
- In a barn, there are 2 horses, 1 cow, and 3 pigs. Later, 5 horses, 3 cows, and 4 pigs joined them. How many animals are in the barn now?
- The sum of Juan and Paulo’s ages is equal to 15. What will be the sum of their ages in 6 years?
- Diana is 16 1/2 years old. Her cousin Samantha is seven years younger. How old is Samantha?
- How many thirds are there in seven and two-thirds?
- Rico has Php300 in bills. He requested to change one-half of his money into five-peso coins. How many five-peso coins should he get?
- A movie started at 4:30 pm and ended at 6:20 pm. How many minutes long was the movie?
- If oranges are sold for Php13 each, how many can you buy if you have one hundred fifty pesos?
- A school field is 58 m long and 42 m wide. If you walk around it once, how many meters would be?
- A line and a circle are drawn on a piece of paper so that the line passes through the center of the circle. How many times does the line cross the circle?
- There were some children riding in the bus. At the next bus stop, 7 more children got in. Then, there were 25 children altogether in the bus. How many children were there at first?